Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Another Save

I think this is the third stamp that's been rescued from the box in the garage.  


The "rescue" pear is a Rubber Stampede stamp, which I colored with Copics.  The DP is from the a gorgeous, most favorite ever paper pack from Graphic 45.  The sentiment is computer generated and cut with a Spellbinder die.  I did a lot of sponging around the image, then I burned one edge a little. (People who know me will cringe).   The little black swirls, peaking out is actually label die from Quick Kutz.  My pear looked fabulous on every piece of DP in the pack, so I will probably will make more pear cards. I will however rethink that burning thing.

8 comments:

Sherri said...

The coloring is awesome! So is the card! But the burning thing scares me. I remember the carpet! Be careful!

ahlers5 said...

Wow, this card is amazing. It's my absolute favorite of yours so far. Actually, they're all favorites! The coloring, papers, everything...even the burn, WOW! I would be afraid I'd burn my whole picture. Keep those rescued stamp cards coming. They're great.
Diane

Sandy said...

Great save, love pear images for some reason! Amazing colouring, lovely card,
Sandy

Sheree said...

Blogger is letting me comment tonight!
Okay, this card is absolutely incredible Gail! When I first laid eyes on it I thought the pear was a printed paper. I then read your description and am still saying wow over and over. Wow!!!
Hugs,
Sheree

Pat R said...

Holy Smokito, that pear looks amazing! I would never be able to color a pear like that....

Mary J said...

Very beautiful Gail! I love the richness!

Dawn B. said...

I love pears.. I really like the way you colored this one. The burnt edge is really great. Hopefully you burn before you color. I would be afraid mine would go up in smoke after the hard work of coloring.. :)

Cath Wilson said...

Beautifully coloured - I love pears x