Tuesday, May 10, 2016

May Flowers

This one really tried my patience! If you do any pencil work, you know it's a slower process than with markers.  This I don't mind as I find it rather relaxing.

So I completed my pencil work, cut and embossed the image using Life Style Crafts dies. Then I used some cheep glue to mount it on the card base and it warped a little. Next boo boo was a border die that didn't quite work and I had remove it, leaving bits of paper debris.  I covered the boo boo with this pretty die and ribbon.  (The die and the package got separated and I don't know the name of the company).



This is Power Poppy's Garden Fireworks digital stamp set.  I am entering my card in their latest challenge Power-Spark-challenge-may-flowers.

8 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, GAIL! This is absolutely and completely GORGEOUS! Your pencil coloring is out of this world amazing! You have such patience, but it was truly worth all the time it took. I LOVE it so much and could stare at it for hours examining all the depth and beauty! Absolutely jaw-dropping! I will be drooling over this for a LONG time! Hehe! Gail, I love your work, but I think you've topped it once again! Hugs, sweet friend! (Yes, another wow from my mouth - haha!)

Sherri said...

You are the master of colored pencils! Nobody can color with them as well as you do! Awesome job! The die you used was Die-namics Dizzy Lace Border! I recognized it the minute I saw the card. This is definitely one of my favorites!

Leslie Miller said...

Good heavens, this is incredible! I can't stop staring. I've clicked for a close up so many times I think I'm going to wear out my mouse. Your pencil coloring is beyond imagination. Amazing depth in those allium balls. Heck, I don't even remember this image being so beautiful and inspiring, but it sure is now! Wow!

Julie Koerber said...

Gail, SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! This is one beautifully colored image. The shading you added truly makes it seem like those flowers are swaying in the spring breeze. Well done! So glad you joined us gals over at Power Poppy this month! :-)

Kim Jaime said...

WOW! These flowers look like they are jumping off the page they are so real looking. You have a beautiful talent--absolutely beautiful.
Kim
www.mycornerofcrazy.com

Stacy Morgan said...

THUD!!! Gail... oh my word. This is fabulous. The depth of coloring is gorgeous. So cheerful and happy feeling. Adore all this. Gorgeous card girl. Thanks for playing in our May Flowers challenge!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh this is glorious Gail. I love the warmth and color.

ChristineCreations said...

Oh Gail, your pencil work is just gorgeous! I especially love your blues! A dreamy design! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Power Poppy this month!