So far we have been experiencing a unusual mild winter here in Sioux City, Iowa. Those Robins may be tricked into coming back early. We've had some January days in the 50's and even one at 64 degrees. My friend, Sherri, bought a new snow blower last fall. I told her she needs to buy one every year.
This challenge this week at Simply Less is Moore is week-50-one-layer-birds and my Robin fits the bill.
I just love this image from A Day For Daisies. I colored this with Copics and added the sentiment from Inkadinkdo. So easy!
Everyone have a fabulous, fun week.

18 comments:
A great card Gail. Really nicely coloured. Sue.x
This is fabulous Gail, I love the images from A Day for Daisies and you have coloured this beautifully!
Did you know that the robins in the US and the robins in the UK are totally different? Your robin is much bigger than ours (which is only about 5ins in length) although their colouring is similar.
We love ours because it doesn't migrate south for the winter but stays with us!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"
I once had the privilege of seeing an American Robin (as we call yours over here) at an obscene time in the morning in the middle of an industrial estate in Hull, Yorkshire, along with about 300 other birdwatchers. That's how much I cherish American Robins! I am in awe of your colouring and the sentiment is lovely.
Hello there, Fabulous colouring on this beautiful image, great card!!! Totally unseasonal weather here too although today is much colder more as it should be:0) I would love to see an American robin, Gay xxx
Beautiful card! Love their images.
Awww....what a sweet image! We have had unseasonably warm weather too...just got our first major snow a couple of days ago. If you got the time...love it if you would hop on over to the Great Impressions blog on Tuesdays :)
Nobody does CAS cards the way you do! Love this one! It makes me want to pull out some of my bird stamps to play. And who knew that Robins were not the same everywhere! I'm so glad your followers shared their robin stories. Now I will look at our birds with new respect!
Superb card, as always
Fabulously coloured
I didn't realise that fact about Robins! how cool
Many thanks
mandi
"Less is More"
Gorgeous card, Gail and beautifully coloured! I love it
Oooh, this is stunning, gorgeous colours and beautifully coloured,
Liz x
This is lovely. Beautifully colored. :) Ann Y.
Gail, this is simply stunning! You are so good at using white space!
Very cute card!! The Robin is our state bird...can't wait til it "comes home" again!!
Lovely card - and I really like the sentiment. We have a robin (British one!) who sits on the window ledge and taps on the window when the bird feeder is empty!
But the fun ))))))
Brilliant card Gail,this one really stood out to me, well done :O) Viv xx
Love your stylised birds - fab card
Kathyk
This is beautiful, that image is stunning.
Post a Comment