Monday, September 5, 2011

An All Day Card

I haven't done water coloring since I bought my first Copic about 3 years ago.  I watched another video using distressed inks.  I don't think I will even try it again, but that got me to thinking about all my Tombow markers. Previously I had always used pencil when water coloring.  I may have fallen in love all over again with my Tombow's.


As the title indicated this was an all day card. There is a reason there is a pop up on this card. (Covering up a little boo boo.)  I took me about an hour trying to fix it and my little brain cannot understand the concept of starting over.  Then I finally get it all put together and I decided to pick up the brush and just blend that blue out a little. Big mistake! I must hit a microscopic portion of the red and it just took off like a shot.  I never know when to walk away and leave well enough alone.

I am entering this in My Mums Craft Shop Challenge  1-2 -3 which is tell what you use one of, two of and three of.

For this card I used:
(1) Sentiment (Sticker - Art Minds)
(2) Die Cuts (Snowflake and wreath - Cuttlebug)
(3) Poinsettia (Gina K Designs) 


I am also entering this in Less Is More Challenge something that has a METALLIC finish to it. (The sentiment has a gold Metallic finish)

Two cards in less than a week.  I'm on a roll..


15 comments:

Viv said...

Great card, just love the red flowers too:O) Viv xx

Chrissie said...

I think that this is the first metallic sticker we've had submitted this week.It's amazing what metallic bits and pieces people are coming up with!
It's a beautiful card... mishaps or not!
Thanks so much for joining us and we hope to see you again next time.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Shelby said...

Beautiful card! If you hadn't mention a mistake, it would be incredibly hard to find:)I love the simplicity of this card and the bold red goes absolutely perfectly! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier...much appreciated:) Also, thanks for joining us at MMCS for our 1, 2, 3 challenge, good luck and hope you'll come out and play again soon!

Shelby

ahlers5 said...

Love this card. i really like it popped up. It's interesting what we figure out to do to fix mistakes. the blue adds such a delicate touch.
You do such beautiful work!
Diane

Suze Bain said...

Beautiful poinsettias, a lovely festive card. xx

Lynne said...

A beautiful card, love it.
Lynne xxx

Jenni's Jems said...

Fab poinsettas and fab card x

Sue said...

oh WOW i do love this card, simplicity at it's best:)

Thank you for joining us at MMCS

Sue
xx

Sherri said...

This was worth whatever time you put into it! It's a gorgeous card and I love the way you popped up the center. It is just a beautiful Xmas card & one anyone would be thrilled to receive.

Mary J said...

Wow, this is stunning Gail! That red is amazing against the white!

Mandi said...

FAB card, so vibrant, beautifully Christmassy
Good to see you


Thank you
Mandi
"Less is More"

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Fabulous Poinsettias and a very elegant Xmas card. Love it!
Sylvia xxx

Aileen said...

Beautiful colouring, no one would ever know about the little mistakes. It's fab. x

Sandy said...

Beautiful card, great pointsettias - love it.
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! This is absolutely gorgeous and worth every minute you put into it! Your pointsettias are ... Wow!!
Hugs,
Sheree