Saturday, June 10, 2017

Window and Roses

Well it finally warmed up didn't it. Now we can start complaining about the heat. They say we may break 100 deg. mark today.  So I will be enjoying the AC and looking out my window at all the pretty flowers my husband has planted.

I will be entering this in the Inkspirational Challenge136-designers-Choice-Widows.



When I buy a new digi, one of the first things I do is make into a cutting file. Some of them can be very challenging. Although this one may appear to be difficult, it was actually quite easy. The key is having no openings to the inner parts the digital image. The Silhouette  will cut those tiny branches, but they would be very week, so I used the offset tool to leave a little bit of a white edge.


I colored the image with Copics and placed in front of this pretty window, which was also cut with the Silhouette. I used Spellbinder's Exquisite Label's 10 for the card base.

One more thing before I go and I've been thinking about this awhile.  Don't you think it's proper blog etiquette to  leave a comment on at least one or two of the designers cards, when entering a contest?
Just saying...

3 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Gail! This is amazing, and you are such an artist! I love your coloring, and what an amazing window with the beautiful window behind your scene and the "window"-like die! It's stunning! And...ahem! Yes, when you enter a challenge, it's etiquette (and a must IMHO) for someone to comment on everyone's card. Hugs, sweet friend! And keep cool! xoxo

Kylie said...

wow, what an intricate card. Your window is gorgoues and I LOVE the roses! Thanks so much for playing along at Inkspirational xx

Leslie Miller said...

Wow WOW! I LOVE this with the red and white and the black pitcher and the combo of Silhouette skills and die cutting! Gorgeous! Yes, I think it's proper to comment on the designer's cards, though people seldom do. One comment on the challenge post and that's it. When you enter a bazillion challenges with each card I guess it's too time consuming. I feel compelled to comment and, therefore, don't do many challenges. Where is the time?