Friday, July 8, 2016

QKR Challenge 199 Transportation

Okay, maybe my "transportation" card is a bit of a stretch.  But she is sooo darn cute!


I am ashamed to admit it, but I usually don't finish the inside of a card until, I have a place to send it. Maybe this is the new me. (Nah, I'm lazy).


Not only did I finish the inside, I made an envelope too.  I ran out of  the cardstock that I used for the card, but I found some Bazzill that was a perfect color match. Every time I thought I had that envelope glued it came right back up.  I used a tape runner, double sided tape and score tape.  I finally used some Aleene's clear gel tacky glue and let it set overnight between two embossing plates. I picked at it and I think it's going to hold.

Stamp - QKR Stampede digital 9211 lil' Cowgirl
Paper - Authentique
Dies - Memory Box Stitched Scalloped Circles, Paper Trey Ink Rick-Rack, Paper Smooches "Hi"
Color Medium - Copics
Accessories - Gems, Twine, Dimensional dots, Silhouette Cameo

Stop by The QKR Challenge Blog and join us for this weeks QKR Stampede Challenge #199 Transportation.



8 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

Gail, this is so adorable. I am loving this sweet image and your fabulous coloring skills.

Leslie Miller said...

Look at you using designer paper! But it just looks so perfect with this darling image. Love your take on the transportation theme. Also love how you used the "hi" die with this. I keep forgetting about that one and it looks so cute! That's odd that the cardstock wouldn't hold on your envelope. It looks fantastic, though, and so does the inside!

karalschuknecht said...

Gail, I love this card, it is so cute and beautifully done, inside & out, and envelope too. Awesome!

Sherri said...

Maybe using designer paper will turn out to be one of your favorite new things to do . This just turned out so darn cute ! And what a great idea to use it for the transportation theme! A matching envelope too! I'm loving it !

Marie-Louise said...

This is gorgeous Gail.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh my, Gail, this is fabulous! I love this little cowgirl on her rocking horse - ride 'er cowgirl! Gail, can I even begin to tell you how much your cards truly rock?! I love this interpretation of "transportation" and love how you've used your amazing Silhouette to cut her out. And then, yes, you used DP! Haha! Wow, and did you use it well with the card and this gorgeous envelope. Sorry you had trouble to get it to adhere. But wow, I love every detail of this amazing card...the design, colors, and your fabulous coloring! Well done, sweet friend! I LOVE it! Hugs!

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh this is adorable! This is so fun and the twine bow ties it all together. Fun and cute Gail!

Pam Sparks said...

oh my, this is the cutest Gail! I LOVE this card!