Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Hello Color!

Yup!  I did it and I might do it again.  I got all crazy and used some pretty wild paper. 


The Stamp is Penny Black's Centerpiece.  I can't say this was a fast card to make.  I can color forever on a piece and I  find it so relaxing.  Then there's the other thing with the paper.  You would never believe how many times I start a project and I pull out my modest stash and end up not using one small piece.  For this card, I even had my "safe" gingham out.  I just threw caution to the wind.

What's next?  Pink hair?

Stamp:  Penny Black Centerpiece
Spellbinder die, Majestic Squares
Memory Box die. Hello
Paper:  Cosmo Cricket, Salt Air




5 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, I'm laughing out loud in between the gasping and palpitations! How gorgeous! Incredible pencil coloring of such a fabulously beautiful image, and I LOVE the wild and colorful paper. Be still my heart!

Stacy Morgan said...

Okay I was in awe of your coloring and card, and then started to giggle as I went to type my reply as I see Leslie's reply. hee hee I second all she says and go wild with all the paper you want. This matches with the flowers beautifully. Gorgeous card.

Sherri said...

Awesome!!!!!!!! This is even more gorgeous finished then it was when you were coloring it ! That beautiful wild paper behind it just picks up all the colors and makes it even more beautiful ! I'm so proud of you for being brave and going for colored paper ! Now maybe I will find you in the paper aisle with me when we go shopping !!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Gail, this is absolutely gorgeous, and I got a giggle out of your comments about the paper! And then I read Leslie's comment and Stacy's too. Yes, this DP is perfect, and your pencil coloring is out of this world gorgeous! Yes, it really is relaxing, and you've made these flowers seem more real than I've ever seen them - by anyone including the PB DT! Beautifully done, and the hello die is a lovely touch! Hugs, sweet friend! You rock!

Pam Sparks said...

Beautiful Gail! The pattern paper just 'works'! YAY for using even a little piece of that stash! hehe