Sunday, August 16, 2015

For the Love of Sunflowers

I just love sunflowers.  Leave the roses with the florist and bring me a sunflower.

Now I resisted this pretty stamp, until Power Poppy had a 24 hr. sale.  And of course, I fell in love and their pretty cone flower jumped in my cart with the sunflower.



I opened the digi in MS word and used the sepia format to print it.  I then scanned the word document and imported into my Silhouette Cameo to make a perfect cut file.  I know that's a few too many steps for most, but it's now in my library for future use.  And I will definitely use it again!

The sunflower was colored with Copics and Prisma Brush markers. I also cut and colored one petal to fall away from the bloom.  The image is mounted on paper from K&Company which was die cut with Memory Box's Stitched Square Layers. The gingham is from Simple Stories. The card is framed with a Martha Stewart punch.

I am entering this card in Passionate Paper Creations and Friends weekend challenge for a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate to Power Poppy Shop!! There are going to be 2 lucky winners!!! I just looked and the competition has overwhelming beauties.

Now I leaving to clean up the mess I've made.

3 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, GASP! Gail, this is gorgeous, and I LOVE the country feel with the gingham and the lacy border! And your coloring is out of this world beautiful with the no-line coloring! Wow! I'm so thrilled you were able to join the contest this weekend, sweet friend! You are AMAZING! Hugs, sweet friend! Woohoo!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, no you didn't!! That's the most amazing sunflower! Love the background and the gingham and the lacy card edge. And your COLORING! Wow! Perfect cut with the Silhouette, and brilliant idea with the fallen petal. I sure hope you won something. You certainly should with this one!

Pam Sparks said...

Gorgeous Gail! SO pretty! Beautiful coloring!