Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A Birdie Told Me

Another fun image from QKR.  One thing about entering challenges is they really challenge you! Oh wait.. that is the point isn't it? 

 The little girl on the right has the same look on her face as I do when I've discovered that I have forgotten some body's birthday. 

I am entering this in the QKR Challenge #80 - A Little Birdie Told Me.

I colored the image with pencils and now I am wishing I had used the Copics as the hues are much brighter.  I used some paper from Cosmo Cricket for my BG and cut out one of the birdies and placed on the front of the fence. The fence was cut using my Silhouette Cameo.  The sentiment was computer generated and cut with a Spellbinder die.  Finally I stitched it all up on my little Kenmore.

It's Camel Day.  Enjoy the rest of the week!

4 comments:

Sherri said...

This is just adorable! LOVE that paper & I can just hear them whispering to each other! lol It's so good to see you back again!

ahlers5 said...

This could not be a more perfect card for this challenge. It's fun to be making cards again, isn't it? this is really adorable. I love the fence you cut. I am so enjoying the Silhouette. Once of the best purchases I've made. I love the sewing too.

karalschuknecht said...

Beautiful coloring and I love the birds you added. Thanks for joining us this week for "A little Birdie Told Me." Good Luck.

Karal DT for QKR Stampede
My Blog: Karals Creative Corner

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how cute! I think this was the winner, wasn't it? They almost remind me of Raggedy Ann dolls. I love how you used this image with the fence and the birdie paper. And to add the cut out bird as part of the foreground scene is darling!