Monday, April 25, 2011

That's Krafty Thursday #50

I don't know why I don't use this craft card stock more often.  I love the effect. I haven't entered many challenges lately and  The Spotted Chick has a Thursday challenge at least once a month using craft card stock. And... this is her 50th challenge and she has challenged everyone to make it 50+ entries.  Here is my mine.


This is the Flourishes Gerbera Daisies.  Mine are pink.  I first stamped them on craft card stock. Then I colored really hard with white pencil on the daisies and then highlighted them with Copic #RV14 Begonia Pink. I also used Copics for the green.  You have to do a lot of testing, because the colors are not always what you expect when coloring on craft card stock.  I used pink thread to stitch, and mounted the daisies on black and two shades of pink.

Happy That's Crafty Thursday #50 Challenge.

7 comments:

ahlers5 said...

Very pretty. Love the effect. The daisies came out beautiful. I just bought my first few Florishes stamps. My first attempt with one of the went in the circular file. I'll try again another day!

Pami said...

I really love this! I like the effect you have created, I've not tried stamping onto kraft before, I should give it a go! Pami x

Mary J said...

WOW!!!!! This really showcases your amazing colouring Gail! I gotta have a go!

The Spotted Chick said...

SHUT UP! This is jaw dropping GOR-JUSS Gail! It looks like a painting it's SO perfect! I had to blow it up BIG on the screen so I could sit and stare at it! WOWZERS! Thanks for playing along in my that's Krafty Thursday challenge! {{{hen hugs}}}

Jean said...

Gail this is so pretty, I have never thought to try kraft paper to stamp on. They turned out beautiful, and I wouldn't have thought that copics would go onto pencil either. Stitching is always such a nice touch also, scares me to death..

Dawn B. said...

Gail this is so pretty. I love the pink and white together.. It looks fantastic. You did a great job. Kraft is my favorite paper.. Love this.

Sheree said...

Georgioso!!! You have accomplished what I'm unable to do.. colour on Kraft! Your daisies are stunning Gail and the colourful but simple layout keeps them center stage!